As a patient, you have the right:
- To receive quality health care regardless of your age, sex, religion, nationality, sexual preference, disability, health status, or income status.
- To safe, considerate, and respectful care from all Centerpoint Health staff.
- To receive complete information about your diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis in a manner you can understand.
- To confidentiality of all information relating to your care and medical conditions, to the extent expected and permitted by law; including all records and communications.
- To have special needs met, such as an interpreter to help with communication.
- To be seen in a clean and safe environment.
- To appoint a person to make health care decisions on your behalf in the event that you are unable to do so.
- To make decisions and give instructions about your medical care in advance, and to have them followed.
- To file a complaint about your care without fear of penalty and to have your complaint reviewed and, if possible, resolved.
Your responsibilities as a patient:
- To provide, to the best of your knowledge, complete information about your symptoms, past illnesses, medications, and other matters relating to your plan of care.
- To schedule and keep doctor appointments, or call to cancel your appointment if you cannot be there.
- To notify Centerpoint Health of any changes in address, insurance, or family members. To provide a current copy of insurance card and notify Centerpoint Health when there are changes in insurance coverage.
- To ask questions when you do not understand explanations about your care or services.
- To be responsible for your actions if you refuse treatment or do not follow your service provider's instructions.
- To be courteous and considerate of all Centerpoint Health staff and other patients.
Patient Concerns / Comments
We encourage patients that have an unresolved problem to contact a Centerpoint Health associate. If the issue is not resolved, PATIENT CONCERNS / COMMENTS Forms will be located at the receptionist area at Centerpoint Health, 333 Conover Drive, Franklin OH 45005.